SEMINYAK, BALI – W Retreat & Spa Bali – Seminyak has announced the appointment of award-winning Australian chef, Matthew McCool, to the role of Chef De Cuisine of its signature restaurant, Starfish Bloo.
Starfish Bloo is the hotel’s elegant, beachside dining destination for lunch and dinner and is well known for its extensive Sunday brunch.
The menu is
heavily inspired by the sea, featuring Pan-Asian fare mixed with Western
touches – an ideal fit for McCool who credits two years in Beijing for his
Asian influence on cuisine.
McCool, who relocated to Bali for the role, was previously Chef De Cuisine at Altitude Restaurant at Sydney’s Shangri-La Hotel, a restaurant which earned three hats from the prestigious Gault&Millau Australia and won Restaurant of the Year at the Tourism Accommodation Awards in 2014.
Kicking off his career over a decade ago, McCool cut his teeth with a traineeship under world-renowned chef Gordon Ramsay at his three-star Michelin restaurant in London, in addition Tom Aikens and two-star Michelin restaurant Chez Bruce.
He made his foray into Asia in 2010, when he was appointed Chef De Cuisine at
Aria at China World Hotel, Beijing, a post that would earn McCool Chef of the Year
in the 2011 Time Out Beijing Awards and ‘Restaurant of the Year’ by City
Speaking on his appointment, Matthew said he was eager to showcase the best of Bali’s natural produce to the large number of Australians visiting the destination.
“I’m really excited to be heading up the kitchen at Starfish Bloo. The resort is like no other property in Bali, offering pure luxury in the perfect location, and the W brand was a natural fit for me. I’m always looking for innovative ideas and cutting edge approaches I can bring to my cooking; a philosophy which W Hotels brings to every aspect of the guest experience,” he said.
- June Schedule At Nujuh Bulan Studio Bintaro
- Introducing Nujuh Bulan Studio
- YogFest - Yoga Gembira Festival 2016
- BaliSpirit Festival Venue and Line-up Announced!
- One Day With Kino MacGregor
- Special Price Ticket For Bali Spirit Festival 2016 At Gudang Gudang Yoga Studio
- Focus On, Lucky Rewards From The 1o1 Jakarta Sedayu Darmawangsa
- Yoga in Indonesia presents The Yogis Market
- AcroVinyasa Class Will Be Available At Dini Yoga Starting December 2
- Gudang Gudang Yoga Studio Jakarta Offers Yoga Class For Beginner
- The Winner Of Yoga In Indonesia Photo Contest
- Yoga in Indonesia Favorite Pictures on Instagram
- The Escape Cabana At W-Retreat & Spa Seminyak Bali
- W Retreat And Spa Seminyak Debuts SPG Keyless
- Moenka Activewear Trunk Show At Sector Bar & Restaurant Bali
- Fey Astora, Reach Him If You Are Willing To
- Join Yogainindonesia Instagram Challenge and win great prizes
- Sadhana House is opening soon and you are invited
- New Bikram Yoga Kuningan, Keep it Warm and Friendly
- Summer Sale At Ahimsa Jewelry
- Real Yoga Is Offering More Than 100 Choices Of Yoga Classes
- YogFest 2015, Expanding Yoga in The Community
- Get To Know Fey Astora
- Brian Miller Yoga Is Visiting Indonesia Soon
- Introducing Rudolf Parma At Gudang Gudang Yoga Studio