Ladies, first day of your period is your time to relax and drop it down. Here are the symptoms: your tummy will be super cram, bloated and your back feels like it's about to break. For yoga practitioner, you can just stay at home or simply not practicing. But how about yoga teachers?
No worries, Amanda Soedharma, a yoga teacher from Bogor shares yoga poses to cure menstrual cramp. You want to try this at home, no pressure and with lots of props. Oh hello pillow, I’ve been looking for you.
1. Stretch - your legs and back, here I've done a full an hour and a half class, so I'm good to do full forward bend. But if you haven’t start slow, maybe start with a downdog, and slowly walk into forward bend.
2. Open twist - do an easier version of twist, or the counter twist, skip deep twists. Gentle twist will release the back muscles; it also helps to alleviate the sore back and the cramping.
3. Restorative twist - Grab a bolster, sit on one side of your hip, and slowly walk over to your bolster and lie your chest down on the bolster, don’t forget to do the other side.
4. Child's pose on the bolster - put a sandbag on your lower back, or better yet get someone to give you a back massage.
5. Rest in supta badha konasana or reclined butterfly, lie your back down on the bolster, soles of the feet together, knees wide open. This pose will relax the hip, opens the chest area, and increase circulation to the hip and pelvis.
6. Make yourself a cup of hot chocolate. It cures everything!
So, from now on, keep yourself ready for the new moon
By: Amanda Soedharma
- Yin Yoga & The Art Of Daydreaming
- Yoga Helps Women Fights Breast Cancer
- Phyllis Sues, A 92-Year-Old Yogi Shares Her Secrets To Happiness & Longevity
- The Meridians: Connecting the Visible and Invisible An Interview with Qigong Grand Master Xi-Hua Xu
- 8 Things You Should Know About Acro Yoga
- What Everyone Needs To Know About Their Chakras
- 7 Steps Of Preventing Injuries At Yoga Class
- 5 Sanskrit Words Every Yogi Should Know
- The Eight Limbs Of Yoga
- How Bikram Yoga Changed My Life
- The Truth About Bikram Yoga
- Ashanga Yoga Is A Shooting Star
- 6 Relaxing Yoga Poses To Help You Fall Asleep
- Why A Mala Will Rock Your Meditation Practice
- Five Elements Of Ayurveda
- Benefits of Alkaline Water
- 5 Yoga Poses For Road Travellers
- Yoga And Ubud Writers Readers Festival 2014
- Vinyasa Yoga - Flow Yoga
- Yoga and Weight Loss
- What You Need To Know About Yin Yoga
- What Type of Yoga is Best For Weight Loss?
- 5 Yoga Postures To Help With PMS and Cramps
- Stress Slows Down Your Metabolism
- Yoga Speak Glossary of Sanskrit Words