From the very beginning, Dewi Indawati Loho always knew that something which was started as a small project of the heart will become a project of life. She created Ahimsa Jewelry that came to her as an expansion of her passion for gemstones and jewelries.
Dewi Loho talked to Yogainindonesia about ahimsa jewelry, story poetry and her goals in the future.
- How did it begin?
Taking the position as Creative Director for Ahimsa Jewelry in February 2012, I found a world where I have been able to translate my personal life story into an alchemy of symbolism, gleaming gemstones and simple designs which can be worn daily as a reminder of the beauty of life. A reminder of our own story and poetry. Every piece of Ahimsa Jewelry was created as a reflection of the different stages that I have gone through in life, my love, my passion and dreams, and it has been a great privilege to share my story through each lovingly crafted necklaces, bracelets, earrings and many one of a kind and personalized designs I created throughout the years.
After 2 years of drawing, designing and adventure in sourcing gemstones and raw materials around the world, it came to me that the collections should be put together into a Look Book ( see our Look Book here --> hyperlink to lookbook pop ups ) to create something that will tell the journey of Ahimsa Jewelry, the story behind each design and symbolism so that the reader will be able to connect each jewels to their own story, to their own heart, and to their own poetry of life. To breathe life into each jewels and to make them more than just another piece of pretty accessories.
- Who/what inspired your collections ?
A yoga practitioner, a spiritual seeker, a designer, an adventurer and a lover of life, I have been very grateful to have had the support of many people throughout the years of these life changing creative process. I have also been especially inspired by the knowledge and insight given by my loving teacher Shri O.P Tiwari of Kaivalyadhama, India, the one person who has taught me the true depth of Ahimsa and whose teaching has given a new meaning to the pieces I created.
Through Ahimsa Jewelry, I wish to inspire love and happiness in everyone. To always believe in the greatness of the heart, the power of dreams, and to have trust in life and its unexpected miracles.
I am also truly grateful to all the wonderful souls that I have met along the path, who by the grace and love of the universe has helped to open many doors in making all the miracles of creation to work like magic.
Ahimsa Jewelry is a love story. My love story. An endless flirtation with life, and through the collection, you are all invited to read into my little world, and hopefully find a connection that comes from the Heart. I hope to continue the creative process for many more years to come, to capture more ideas, create more happiness and to have more dreams, more passion, and love.
4. Do you copy fair trade green and sustainable method into production base?
We only use natural gemstone, fine quality metal and working with a small artist workshop in Bali with fair trade policy.
5. Why is ahimsa 'the it jewelry' and why ?
Ahimsa jewelry was created to become a classic, a line of jewelry that could easily be worn for many years to come.
6. How to get and purchase the collection ?
Through Instagram : ahimsa_jewelry
Website : www.ahimsajewelry.com
Shops and consignment ( list of shop below)
7. What is your expectation from marketing your collections, especially to the yogis outhere ?
We believe that Ahimsa Jewelry's concept is in line with the yogi's practice of love and kindness. Through the design's use of symbolism and gemstone, we aim to inspire everyone, not only the yogi, to become more aware of their action, to based their action on love which is Ahimsa. The yoga community will be our main target market for now because we believe that they can easily related to the message that we deliver. However, over time, we hope to expand the market to the non-yogis, delivering universal message of love, which is something that can easily be understood by everyone.
List of shop
Jalan Cikini Raya No. 60 V-Y
Jakarta Pusat 10330
P: +6221 3141014
Peter F .Saerang Spa
Plaza Indonesia Lt. 4
Jl. MH Thamrin
P: +6221 29923799
Breathe Store Kemang
Jl. Kemang Utara 38
P: +6221 7183206
11 Unity Street, #02-15, Robertson Walk
P: +65 6836 7782
55/20-24 Moo 4, T. Namuang, Koh Samui Suratthani, Thailand 84140
P: + 66 77 920 090/91
Kamalaya Wellness Sanctuary
102/9 Moo 3, Laem Set Road, Na-Muang Koh Samui, Suratthani 84140 Thailand
P: +66 (0) 77 429 800
- Coming Soon -
- Coming Soon -
- Bali Spirit Festival 2019
- One Day With Kino MacGregor
- Yoga in Indonesia presents The Yogis Market
- New Bikram Yoga Kuningan, Keep it Warm and Friendly
- Summer Sale At Ahimsa Jewelry
- Real Yoga Is Offering More Than 100 Choices Of Yoga Classes
- Good News From W-Retreat & Spa Bali
- Get To Know Fey Astora
- Brian Miller Yoga Is Visiting Indonesia Soon
- Real Yoga "Break The Limit" In Jakarta
- Bali Spirit Festival Unwrapped!
- Meet Slamet Riyanto At Gudang Gudang Yoga Studio
- Introducing Lana FitMat
- AWAY Spa, The Spa That Operates Whatever/Whenever
- Soulbox, Classy Urban Fitness Complex
- Lana, Biogradable Mat from Indonesia
- 24 Hours Spa Service At AWAY Spa
- Introducing Chris Su to Jakarta Yoga Community
- Union Yoga, Playground Of Passion
- OrganiCult, Looking Good The Eco-Friendly Way
- Rest in Peace B.K.S Iyengar
- Yogis, Give Yourself A Little Hari Raya Present
- Deep Into Breathe By Chair Pose
- SVARGA, The Biggest and Most Fully Equipped Pilates-Yoga Studio in Indonesia